Thursday 16 April 2009

Walls!!





The wall are going up! The floor is finished on the first of the three building going up and walls are being erected. The Malians are flying. The picture is how much they have done in two days. The picture of the single room is Ed Bonvillain's Lab and he is so happy. We are also in the process of welding up the trusses. A lot going on right now. We are finishing up the warehouse electric and plumbing and should be done in a couple of weeks. Added note, we saw these camels the other day during our French class out on the lanai of the Hanscome home.
I thought I would show what I mean when I say "donkey cart paths" in past posts. If you click on the video, it will show you a short segment of the ride to Farmarilla. Actually, this is a good section of road. It does get a lot worse.
I am also posting a picture of one of the Malians that chopped down a 38 inch diameter tree for us. Check out his ax. That's right. They used axes like this one to chop down the tree section by section. It took them 3 days on one tree. They are still working on the trunk of the tree.
I hope your day goes well. God Bless.

No comments: