Saturday 20 December 2008

Grill time!




Things are going well at the Hospital. We are making cinder blocks for the making of the third phase of the hospital. As you can tell, all the block are hand made here on sight by the Malians. They have been making block for two months now and have 21,000 blocks ready to be laid for the walls and foundation. The last phase is composed of three buildings side by side just down from the pharmacy and warehouse. Ground breaking is set for January for the first of the three buildings.
Here in the Wenger house, we have been getting ready for Christmas and having Christmas parties with the other missionaries. Today we have a party for the hospital staff. They are all looking forward to it. Last Sunday, we grilled pork chops and this is the picture of Jeffrey helping me. Pray with us that the internet gets more stable here. We have spent most of the week without internet which makes it hard to get schooling done and have communication with the outside world. This week I worked on a pasturizer for hospital instruments and I needed to order a part but the internet was down and I could not communicate with the parts supply house. That can get frustrating. God is in control and He doesn't need the internet to get His will done. I need to keep this in mind when I can't get the stuff done that I think I ought to.
We want to thank you all for your support. Keep praying for us as we adjust to life here. God's Blessings to you all.

No comments: